Back to ForumBack to top
TeresaDesign - 3 months ago
Shower doors aren't clear, and help with floors?! Please?!

Hi I'm back.  I cannot figure out how to get my shower doors to become transparent.  I know it can be done because one of you kindly did that for me.  The problem was it didn't transfer to my design.  HELP please with doing that.  Also, I still cannot seem to get any flooring in the design.  Every time I drag and drop it won't take.  I have cleared them of the default wood flooring and want light porcelain tile or something similar.  I did what was suggested earlier and was able to get rid of wood floors but now dragging my tile choice does NOTHING.  Would SO APPRECIATE a tech to help.  Feel free to edit my public render.  

Teresa

TeresaDesign 3 months ago
12 replies
Theadora - 3 months ago
Bottom right corner is not right. Delete the wall and re-draw and you'll get the default floor, walls and ceiling back...you can then drag and drop the flooring you like on top of it.

You can copy this if you like, I'll delete it tomorrow.

Theadora 3 months ago
Theadora - 3 months ago

There were a few more problems, the black walls are the ones I had to re-draw because they were not connected properly. The bottom one was re-drawn because the picture did not want to stay on the inside of the room.

Theadora 3 months ago
TeresaDesign - 3 months ago
Theadora, thank you for the response.   This program is making me more frustrated than excited.  Playing with my emotions.  As you can see the change you made, again, didn't transfer.   I worked on this design for hours today and saved continuously.  Seems it didn't respond to all my saves and there much that is just plain WRONG or missing. arrgghhh.   Then just a few minutes ago I got a message that the system has too many users and 'please try again later'.  blah blah.    Again, didn't save.  Too many glitches and malfunctions in Roomstyler it seems and adding to my stress of remodeling.   I wish it worked  as it could be great.    If it functioned consistently well I'd pay for that.  damn.
https://roomstyler.com/3dplanner?room_url=https://roomstyler.com/3dplanner/rooms/35354742/35354751

p.s. Don't delete tomorrow.   Maybe i'll get lucky later and be able to incorporate it.  maybe...

TeresaDesign 3 months ago
Theadora - 3 months ago

Did you go "Remix" and "Save as" ? It really should work...

Also when you copy a room often the light resets to low so adjust the light slider (click on the light bulb) and move it to the right, it makes everything brighter. Later you can adjust the "sunlight". 

Your link is to your "old" one - just copy the one I posted. Since there was a problem with this site a little while ago it might not have rendered - try again...

Theadora 3 months ago
Theadora - 3 months ago

Won't delete until it works for you...

Theadora 3 months ago
Theadora - 3 months ago

Hi again, if you give me a list of the things you want in the bathroom and laundry room and your favourite colours, would you like for me to give it a try? 

Theadora 3 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Hi again, I'm afraid I couldn't help myself ;)

Here are some ideas for your bathroom and laundry room.

Theadora 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Theadora 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Theadora 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago
Theadora 2 months ago
TeresaDesign - 2 months ago

Hi Theadora.  I wasn't able to respond until this morning and last night system was showing 404 Error so couldn't do much of anything.  And seems it's still showing that !  

How fun, your ideas.  You really know how to use this system, unlike me.  For example I found out that my measurements were off on the Vanity/sink side.  Unfortunately, it's a curved wall. Is it possible to draw a curved in a wall?  It's actually 7ft 2" instead of the 8 ft 5" I had made it. !  So I went to adjust that and now the plan looks like a major earthquake happened!  It affected ALL the walls and I'm not sure how to fix.   Maybe when the system is back and running you could maybe help me with that?  And I WOULD LOVE to give you my ideas and colors for your design input.  Thanks again. Teresa

TeresaDesign 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Hi again Teresa, thanks for your compliment, I would love to try help you with your reno :) 

My very first design on this site was for my main bathroom reno 10 years ago so  I've had lots of time to learn about the quirks and idiosyncrasies of this site. :)

Having a curved wall in your bathroom is very interesting. Unfortunately there are only 2 curved walls available in Roomstyler, one is a glass block and the other is white, they are not colour/size adjustable.

Another way to create a curved wall is by clicking on the wall and then the scissors, which is the way you created top right of your design except the divisions are much closer to each other.

To be honest, since you're new at this, I think the best way to go about it is to draw a floorplan with exact measurements, take a picture of it and download it to your Roomstyler account.

You can then start a new design by using a Roomstyler template, Project your photograph on one of the walls as wall art (# 7 in the manual - drag and drop) and make it public. How to: https://s3-eu-west- 1.amazonaws.com/media.eu.mydeco3d.com/media/manual/manual-en-2013-v1.pdf

Together with your input of ideas and colours  I might be able to help you put together a bathroom/laundry room you'll be happy with.

Btw, I was flying across Canada at the time of your posting, so no worries... :) 

Theadora 2 months ago